- Higher interest ratesthan a normal savings account
- Protectedfrom interest rate fluctuations
|Tenure||Interest Rate (% p.a.)|
|13 - 24 months||3.10|
|With effect from 18th May 2019
All interest / dividend rates quoted may change without prior notice. Please contact the nearest Maybank branch for the latest rates.
Terms and Conditions on Fixed Deposit (FD) Premature Withdrawal
With effect from 1 January 2019 (“Effective Date”), the new premature withdrawal rule for all existing, renewed and new placements of Conventional Fixed Deposit are as follows :-
Immediate Fixed Deposit Premature Withdrawal (Without 31 days’ Notice Period)
- No interest shall be paid on any immediate fixed deposit premature withdrawal (Without 31 days’ Notice Period) that has not completed its respective full tenure period.
- Example of Immediate FD Premature Withdrawal Calculation:
Fixed Deposit Premature Withdrawal (With 31days’ Notice Period)
- 50% of the contracted interest rate is payable when a ‘Notice Period’ of 31 days (inclusive of the day of notice) is given by the customer at the branch.
- A notice in writing with the intention to premature the FD (With Notice Period) must be given to the branch.
- Based on customer’s notice, the principal amount and the accrued interest will be credited on the day 32ndinto customer’s desired current or savings account available at the Bank.
- Customer must have a current or savings account with the Bank.
- The accrued interest will be calculated daily up to the end of the ‘Notice Period’.
- Once the notice is given, the customer is not allowed to change the instructions and uplift the Fixed Deposit until the end of the ‘Notice Period’.
- Example of FD Premature Withdrawal Calculation:
For pre-mature uplifts, the interest paid upfront (if applicable) will be deducted from the principal amount.–
Click here for more information on the New Premature Withdrawal Rule for Conventional Fixed Deposit
Click here for Conventional Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Click here for Terms and Conditions Governing Banking Accounts
Click here for Sample Notice for FD Premature Withdrawal with 31 days Notice Period