- In a Repo or Repurchase Agreement, the bank sells its money market instruments approved by Bank Negara Malaysia to an investor, with an understanding to buy back the instruments at an agreed price (interest rate) on a specific future date.
- A Repo offers flexibility because the tenor ranges from 1 day to 1 year and investors can retire the transaction earlier (Reverse Repo), subject to rate adjustment, should they need the funds prior to maturity.
- Maybank offers both conventional and Islamic Repo.
Negotiable Instrument of Deposit
- A Negotiable Instrument of Deposit (NID) is a financial instrument issued by banks for the deposit of a specific sum of money for a fixed period of time at a prefixed interest rate.
- An NID can be bought or sold before the date of maturity.
- Maybank's financial strength and standing assures your investment and returns.
- A fixed deposit bears interest at an agreed rate based on a specific maturity date.
- A fixed deposit earns higher interest than a savings account and offers protection from interest rate fluctuations.
- The tenor may vary from 1 to 60 months.
- The minimum placement is RM5,000 for 1 to 2 months and RM1,000 for 3 months or longer.
Money Market Deposits (MMD)
- This short term deposit product earns interest is a great option for businesses looking to grow their excess cash flow.
Foreign Currency Account
- Maybank accepts currency deposits for major foreign currencies like USD, EURO and AUD, besides MYR deposits.
- Our worldwide branch networking and extensive correspondent banking relationships enable us to quote competitive pricing for tenors ranging from 1 day to 1 year.
- View deposit rates
- Maybank's strong presence in the market enables us to offer investors interest-bearing investment products on outright sale basis, such as Banker’s Acceptance (Maybank and other banks), Private Debt Securities (PDS), Malaysia Government Securities (MGS), Cagamas, Treasury and Bank Negara Bills.
Commodity Murabahah Deposit
- Commodity Murabahah Deposit refers to an Islamic deposit that is based on the Shariah concept of Murabahah (cost plus).
- This is an Islamic money money market instrument whereby the profit is determined upfront via a Murabahah trade and payable on the maturity date, together with the initial principal amount.
- Minimum Investment: RM50,000, USD 5,000 (Individual), USD 20,000 (company)
- Deposit tenure: 1 day -12 months.
- Profit Rate is agreed upfront and paid on the maturity date
- Click here for Commodity Murabahah Deposit Product Disclosure Sheet.
- Click here for the Terms & Conditions.