Frequently Asked Questions
Maybank2u.com Merchant Programme
Do I have to pay any fees?
Yes, you will be required to pay a minimum one-time processing fee and transactional service charge. Please contact us for more information.
Where should I open my collection account?
You can open your collection account at any Maybank Sales & Service Centre in Malaysia.
How do customers make payments?
Customers can make payments via direct debit from their Maybank Current/Savings Account(s) or via any credit card issued in Malaysia.
Do I need to give the Board of Resolution when I submit my authorisation letter?
No, all you need to do is to print the letter format given by the Bank on your company letterhead and it must be signed by one of your authorised signatories.
How does the customer's payment get transferred to the payee corporation?
- The customer's account will be debited directly upon successful payment transaction.
- The payment settlement will be done on the next working day by directly crediting your collection account. Types of payments are:
- Gross payment - flat rate and percentage rate (direct debiting of account)
- Net payment - percentage rate (credit card payment)
Gross payment mechanism: Maybank will directly debit the payee corporation's collection account on every 26th of the month for the total discount rate owed to the Bank. Payee corporations should ensure the collection account has enough funds on the date mentioned.
How do payee corporations receive their payment transaction reports?
Payee corporations have two options to receive their reports:
- Batch Payment (applicable to low transaction volume payee corporations only): This is a standard format of reporting. The reports will be sent on the next working day via e-mail for the payee corporation's accounting requirements as well as for settlement/reconciliation purposes.
- Data Payment File (applicable to high transaction volume payee corporations): The reports will be sent on the next working day via e-mail in text format. The payee corporation can populate the data directly into their billing system.
How does a payee corporation reconcile an individual customer's transactions?
A payee corporation can use the following reference numbers to know which order the customer is paying for:
- Bill Account Number: This is the account number (fixed to a particular customer)
- Bill Reference Number: This is the number given to the customer when you bill him/her. It is normally referred to as the Order Number or Monthly Bill Reference number
How long does it take for a payee corporation to be listed in Maybank2u.com?
If there is no "check digit" or complicated technical requirements, it takes about one month from the date your documents are submitted for processing. Currently, we have two submission dates for processing - the13th and 29th of every month. For example, if we receive your submission on the 8th of the month, it will be sent for processing on the 13th.
Whom should the customers contact if there is a dispute?
Customers will have to liaise directly with the payee corporation. The payee corporation can then contact our Customer Care hotline at 1-300-88-6688 or 603-7844 3696 (overseas) or its Maybank2u.com Account Manager.