How do malicious apps work?
- They are sent through chats, links, attachments, etc.
- The app will ask for your permission to be the default SMS app.
- If you tap ‘Allow,’ it can steal your SMS, TAC or OTP and compromise your banking details.
What do I do if I tapped ‘Allow’ and my banking details are compromised?
- Uninstall suspected malicious app.
- Change your banking password.
- Report any suspicious transaction to us at 03-58914744.
What will happen if you install the fake app
- The fake app will display a fake payment page for you to proceed with the payment.
- This fake payment page in the malicious app is designed to steal your credentials.
- ALWAYS double check to ensure it is genuine before you enter your M2U login details.
- As a safety measure, you should ONLY continue when you see your chosen security image and log in phrase.
- DO NOT enter your login details on unknown websites or apps, as your details could be stolen by fraudsters.