Updated as of 25 January 2022:
B50 customers who are currently under the Flood Relief Assistance programme may also apply for repayment assistance via the Financial Management and Resilience Programme (URUS) within the following application period:
- Upon the the expiry of your Flood Relief assistance programme, OR
- Latest by 31 July 2022
whichever comes first.
Click here for more info on how to apply for URUS.
Announcement posted on 19 December 2021:
Dear valued customers,
We are pleased to announce that Maybank is offering Flood Relief Assistance to individual, SME and other non-retail customers affected by devastating floods arising from heavy rainfall over the past few days. The relief assistance is aimed at alleviating the financial burden of our customers impacted by the floods.
The Flood Relief Assistance is designed to address the challenges the flood victims are facing and will include, amongst others, deferment of financing/loan payment, a reduction in monthly instalment or extension of repayment tenure. Additionally, we are also offering waiver of fees and charges for selected services, such as replacement of debit card, ATM cards or cheque books lost or damaged during the floods. We will also provide waiver for late charges for credit cards of affected customers.
Customers can apply for the Flood Relief Assistance via two easy channels, as follows:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing name/company name, IC number/Business Registration, contact number, property address affected, type of loan/product (e.g Mortgage, Hire Purchase, Term Loan Financing); Vehicle number (for Hire Purchase)
- Visit or call any of our branches, SME Centres, Business Banking Centres or Auto Finance Centres (whichever is relevant) nationwide.
All applications will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
In addition, our insurance arm, Etiqa has also put in place a quick and easy claim process for its insurance policyholders and takaful certificate holders, with no forms or supporting documents required. To submit a claim, the respective policyholders or certificate holders can:
- Submit a text message, photos or videos of the flood to our dedicated 24-hour Whatsapp numbers:
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Perak, Kedah, Penang, and Perlis: 011-1630 6646 Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Sabah and Sarawak 018-226 3288
- Call our Flood Claims Careline
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Perak, Kedah, Penang, and Perlis: 03-2692 8188 Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Sabah and Sarawak 03-4270 7735 /
On-site claims for amounts less than RM20,000 will be approved instantly.
For more information on our Flood Relief Assistance, please contact our Customer Care Hotline at 1-300-88-6688 or email@example.com
Thank you and please keep safe.