Maybank Malaysia Equity-I Fund ("The Fund") is a Shariah-compliant equity fund under growth fund type. The Fund will invest between 70% to 98% of the Fund's NAV in Shariah-compliant equities within Malaysia. The Manager will also invest between 2% to 30% of the Fund's NAV in Shariah-compliant liquid assets including Shariah-compliant money market instruments issued by Malaysian issuers and Malaysian financial institutions and placement in Shariah-compliant deposits with Malaysian financial institutions.
The Fund is launched on 8th January 2014. The financial year of the Fund ends on 31st January 2014 every calendar year. The Fund Manager is Maybank Asset Management Sdn Bhd and the Trustee is TMF Trustees Malaysia Berhad. The Fund aims to provide investors with capital growth through investing in Shariah equities over long-term period.
- The fund is suitable for investors:
- With an aggressive risk appetite;
- With a long term investment horizon;
- Who seek capital growth through investing in Shariah-compliant equities listed and/or traded in Malaysia.
- Asset allocation as follows:
- Between 70% to 98% of the Fund's NAV in Shariah-compliant equities within Malaysia
- Between 2% to 30% of the Fund's NAV in Shariah-compliant liquid assets including Shariah-compliant money market instruments issued by Malaysian issuers and Malaysian financial institutions and placement in Shariah-compliant deposits with Malaysian financial institutions.
- Distribution of income, if any, is incidental and will be made from the realised income of the Fund.
- The performance benchmark is FTSE Bursa Malaysia EMAS Shariah Index.
- Sales charge per Unit is up to 5.00% of the NAV per unit of the Fund.
- Transfer fee is RM10.00 per transfer.
- The repurchase charge is up to 1.00% of the NAV of the Fund within 90days from the date of the initial investment of the Unit Holder.Thereafter, no redemption charges will be imposed for redemption requests.
- Switching fee is not applicable.
- Minimum units held is 500 units.
- The annual management fee is up to 1.50% of the NAV of the Fund, accrued daily and payable monthly to the Manager.
- Trustee Fee is 0.06% per annum of the NAV of the Fund, accrued daily and payable monthly to the Trustee (excluding foreign custodian fees and charges).
- Minimum initial investment is RM1,000 and minimum additional investment is RM100.
- There is no minimum redemption amount and no restrictions on the frequency of the redemption. Redemption monies to be paid within ten (10) calendar days from the date of redemption request is received by the Manager.
- Cooling off period, unit holders may exercise cooling-off rights within six (6) business days commencing from the date the application of investment received by the Manager. This is however, only available on your first investment with the Manager.
Please refer to our nearest branch for more details about Maybank Malaysia Equity-I Fund.