Maybank Global Sukuk Fund ("The Fund") is a Sukuk fund under income fund type with USD as base currency. The Fund will invest between 70% - 98% of the Fund's Net Asset Value (NAV) in a portfolio of Sukuk issued and/or offered globally. The Manager will also invest between 2% - 30% of the Fund's NAV in Islamic Liquid Assets.
The Fund is launched on 28 October 2014. The financial year of the Fund ends on 31st July every calendar year. The Fund Manager is Maybank Asset Management Sdn Bhd and the Trustee is TMF Trustees Malaysia Berhad. The Fund aims to provide investors with income (either cash or units) through investing in a portfolio of Sukuk over medium to long-term period.
- The fund is suitable for investors:
- with a moderate risk appetite;
- with a medium to long term investment horizon; and
- who seek income through investing in a portfolio of Sukuk issued and/or offered globally.
- Asset allocation as follows:
- Between 70% - 98% of the Fund's Net Asset Value (NAV) in a portfolio of Sukuk issued and/or offered globally;
- Between 2% - 30% of the Fund's NAV in Islamic Liquid Assets.
- Distribution of income, if any, shall be on an annual basis, subject to the availability of income.
- The benchmark is Bloomberg Malaysian Sukuk ex-MYR Index.
- Alternatively, Unit Holders may access this benchmark from http://www.mifc.com/index.php?tpl=th001_innerpages&type=b2.
- Sales charge per Unit is up to 2.00% of the NAV per unit of the Fund.
- Transfer fee is USD10.00 per transfer on Unit Holders or such other amount as determined by the Manager.
- The repurchase charge is not imposed.
- Switching fee is not applicable.
- Minimum units held is 500 units.
- The Annual Management fee is up to 1.00% of the NAV of the Fund, accrued daily and payable monthly to the Manager.
- Trustee Fee is 0.04% per annum of the NAV of the Fund, subject to a maximum of RM100,000 per annum (excluding foreign custodian fees and charges), accrued daily and payable monthly to the Trustee.
- Minimum initial investment is USD1,000 and minimum additional investment is USD100.
- There is no minimum redemption amount and no restrictions on the frequency of the redemption. Redemption monies to be paid within ten (10) calendar days from the date of redemption request is received by the Manager.
- Cooling off period, unit holders may exercise cooling-off rights within six (6) business days commencing from the date the application of investment received by the Manager. This is however, only available on your first investment with the Manager.
Please refer to our nearest branch for more details about Maybank Global Sukuk Fund.