How to apply
Here's what you should do:
- Drop by your nearest Maybank branch or Share Investment Centre to apply for trading account.
- Please remember to take your IC and latest pay slip or income statements.
- If you are an existing Maybank2u user, you can apply for a Share Trading/Margin Financing account online
- Login to Maybank2u.com with your Username and Password
- Go to Investment.
- Select Online Stocks.
- Click on Non Margin/Margin Financing Application.
Eligibility to apply online
Trading account (Non-Margin Facility) is only available to:
- Existing Maybank2u.com customers
- Individual savings or current accounts
- Malaysians and foreigners (from Singapore and Brunei only) aged 21 years to 65 years old
- Maybank Investment Bank Berhad (formerly known as Aseambankers Berhad) customers
The following are NOT eligible to apply for a Maybank Share Trading Account:
- A person who has been adjudicated a bankrupt under the Bankruptcy Act 1967 and remains an undischarged bankrupt at the time of application
- A partnership within the meaning of the Partnership Act 1966
- A sole proprietorship cannot open an account in the name of the sole proprietorship but can open an account in his own personal capacity.