Qard refers to a contract of lending money by a lender to a borrower where the borrower is bound to repay an equivalent amount to the lender. Ownership of the money belonging to the lender is transferred to the borrower and the borrower is obliged to repay the lender in full.
Customer as lender lend his money to Maybank Islamic as borrower.
- Based on the contract of Qard (Loan)**
- Passbookless: check and maintain your account via Maybank2u.com or any Maybank ATM
- Convenient ATM access at over 5,800 MEPS ATMs nationwide and PLUS networks worldwide
- Online access to your account via Maybank2u.com with prepaid reloads, free downloads and much more
**Effective 7 October 2017
Who can apply
- In-trust: Children below 18 years old with parents and guardians who are below 60 years of age
- Minor: Children above 12 to below 18 years old with IC (myKad)
- Child: Original birth certificate and MyKid
- Parents / Guardian: Original Identity Card (IC) for Malaysians and Passports for foreigners
- Original Identity Card (IC) or birth certificate of teenage applicant
- Parents' / Guardian's IC and other supporting documents to verify parentage or guardianship
Note: An Indemnity Letter is a compulsory document to be signed by the parents or guardian as a condition to open a new Premier Account-i as well as to access Internet banking facilities via Maybank2u.com and Maybankard Bankcard (ATM card). Just visit your nearest Maybank/Maybank Islamic branch and bring along your original documents and parents or guardian for verification purposes.
Please also bring along any of the following secondary supporting documents:-
- Valid Passport (if IC is produced as a Primary document)
- Valid driving licence
- Utility bills (e.g. water/electricity/telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account
- Letter of employment
- Credit card
Please choose a branch located near your home or place of work.
Fees & charges
- Replacement of ATM/bankcard: RM12
- Replacement of lost savings passbook: RM15 incl. stamp duty
- Replacement of savings passbook due to poor handling: RM10
- Early closure of account within 3 months of account opening: RM20
- Cash withdrawals at ATM facilities owned by other banks (MEPS charges): RM1