Qard refers to a contract of lending money by a lender to a borrower where the borrower is bound to repay an equivalent amount to the lender. Ownership of the money belonging to the lender is transferred to the borrower and the borrower is obliged to repay the lender in full. Customer as lender lend his money to Maybank Islamic as borrower.
- Based on Shariah contract of Qard (Loan)**
- Convenience of opening and closing your account from anywhere in the world via Maybank2u.com
- Passbookless: Check and view your monthly account statement (up to 3 months) via Maybank2u.com
- ATM access: Enjoy access to over 2800 Maybank ATMs nationwide, cross banking ATMs under Maybank Group in Singapore, Brunei, Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia, as well as worldwide ATMs via the PLUS ATM network
- Cashless shopping via Maybankard Debit
- For Maybank customers with an existing ATM/Debit Card, Maybank2u Savers-i will be automatically tied to their ATM/Debit Card which is linked to the Maybank2u.com account where they applied the account from. Existing fee option shall apply.
- For new customers with no ATM/Debit Card, customers are to apply for new card at a branch and will be charged an annual fee of RM8.00 per ATM Card to enjoy unlimited withdrawals per year
**Effective 7 October 2017
Who can Apply
Maybank2u.com users aged 18 years old and above with user ID & password access to the Maybank2u.com Secured Site.
Fees & Charges
- A fee of RM5.00 per transaction will be charged if Customers perform transactions over the counter (i.e. at any of the Bank's branches) for transactions that can be fulfilled/done via Maybank2u.com or at the Bank's kiosks (ATM, Cash Deposit Machine, Cheque Deposit Machine). Example of transactions which can be fulfilled at Maybank2u.com/Bank's Kiosks are:
- Withdrawal less than RM5,000.00
- Perform Interbank GIRO transaction less than RM5,000.00
- Transfer money less than RM5,000.00
- A service charge of RM20.00 will be imposed if the Maybank2u Savers-i account is closed within three (3) months from the account activation date.
Transactions can be performed via:
- m2u Mobile
- ATM Services
- Kawanku Phone Banking