Having a credit card brings about a world of convenience: no more thick wads of cash to lug around, or having to forgo that great bargain because you're a little short on money and there's no ATM in sight. Whether you're using your credit card over the Internet or at the store, there are several steps you can take to ensure that your credit card is not misused.
Safeguard your credit card against fraud
- Sign it immediately once you receive it.
- Report immediately to Maybank Credit Card Centre if it is lost or stolen.
- Do not lend your credit card to anyone.
- Do not provide your credit card details to an unknown party.
- Do not carry your PIN together with your card or disclose it to anyone.
- Keep the Maybank Credit Card Centre telephone number handy in case of lost/stolen cards, unauthorised transactions or PIN disclosures.
- Cut your expired credit cards into two when you receive your new cards.
Checking your credit card transactions
- Check all details and the total on the charge slip before signing it.
- Keep the charge slips and verify them against your credit card statement when it arrives.
- Notify Maybank Credit Card Centre immediately of any error or possible unauthorised transactions.
- Destroy all your charge slips before throwing them away.
Got a questionable transaction on your statement?
- To facilitate transaction queries or disputes, print out the Dispute Form (PDF) and fill it out accordingly.
- Attach copies of the relevant Account Statement and Sales Drafts and fax it to us at 03-7953 8675, or email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to us at:
Maybank Credit Card Centre
c/o Customer Service
7th Floor, Menara Maybank
100 Jalan Tun Perak
50050 Kuala Lumpur
For more tips on credit cards, log on to www.bankinginfo.com.my
For more online safety tips, please log on to http://www.abm.org.my/NCGthinkcard