About National Australia Bank
Known locally as NAB, the National Australia Bank is one of Australia's largest banks and is ranked as the safest Australian bank and number 17 overall World's Safest Bank*.
Opening an Australian bank account before you arrive offers you a number of benefits including:
- Having one less thing to do when you arrive;
- You can transfer funds to Australia up to 12 months before you arrive, so your money will be waiting for you;
- Your ATM/debit cards will be ready for pickup on arrival;
- Easy identification process - you just need to show your passport to your named NAB banker within 6 weeks of arriving in Australia;
- You can advise your Australian employer of your account details before you leave home so they can ensure you're on the payroll before you arrive in Australia.
*Comparison of long-term credit ratings and total assets of the 500 largest banks - Global Finance Magazine 2014. NAB recommends you consider the terms and conditions, Product Disclosure Statement or other disclosure document, available from NAB, before making any decisions regarding any of the products above. These products are issued by National Australia Bank Ltd ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL 230686. Any advice contained in this brochure has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on any advice in this brochure, NAB recommends that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances.