This online security feature, known as the Transaction Authorisation Code or TAC, ensures you have added or enhanced safety and security when you do your imteen banking transactions online at myzone@Maybank2u.com. This means that on top of your username and password, you use TAC for extra security in all your important transactions. No worries that your hard-earned cash will end up in the wrong hands!
The Transaction Authorisation Code (TAC) is a unique, 6-digit code that you’ll use as a compulsory requirement for specific imteen online transactions. You have to first provide your username and password, followed by your TAC in order to carry out certain transactions. Each TAC is computer-generated and for your added security, it:
- can only be used with your own myzone login username and password
- is valid for 24 hours upon request
- is valid for only two hours once you have activated it
TAC is a compulsory requirement for the following specific imteen online transactions:
Mobile Financial Services (MFS)
For Registration/Account Maintenance and updating your Favourites List
For payment to any payee corporation, both immediate and future
Bill Registration for Bill Payment
To add a new payee corporation or bill to your “Registered Payment” list
All other transactions at myzone do not require TAC. You only need TAC once to register multiple payee corporations or bills. After the first registration, you don’t need a TAC, except if you want to add new payee corporations or bills.
- How do I register my mobile number for TAC?
A simple ONE-REGISTRATION of your mobile number for TAC at your nearest Kawanku ATM will enable you to get your TAC by SMS wherever you are – whether at home, at school or at play. Here’s how:
- Insert your Maybankard ATM card and key in your PIN.
- Select “Maybank2u Services” on the Main Menu.
- Next, select “Register TAC Mobile” and enter the mobile phone number you wish to register.
- If your registration is accepted, you will see a message stating “Your TAC Mobile Registration is Successful”
- How do I request for TAC?
You can register your mobile number for TAC via any Maybank Kawanku ATM.
Option 1: SMS from myzone@Maybank2u.com
To get TAC via SMS on your mobile phone, you have to first register your mobile phone number at any Kawanku ATM. Then, do the following:
- Log in to myzone @ Maybank2u.com with your username and password.
- Select “TAC Request” under “Utilities”, and click on “Request TAC now”.
- Your unique 6-digit TAC will be sent to your mobile phone via SMS.
Option 2: Kawanku ATM
To get TAC via Kawanku ATM, insert your Maybankard ATM card and key in your PIN. Then, do the following:
- Select “Maybank2u Services” from the Main Menu.
- Next, select “Maybank2u TAC Request” from the sub-menu.
- When successful, your TAC will appear on screen and be printed out on your ATM slip for easy reference.
- How exactly does TAC work?
Once you have requested for a TAC and received it either via SMS or Kawanku ATM, you will be able to perform any transaction which asks for TAC. To proceed with the online transaction, just enter the TAC when asked to do so.
You have to work fast, though. Once you activate it, the TAC is only valid for 2 hours and each TAC expires after 24 hours if you do not use it. If it expires, or if you forget or misplace the 6-digit code, you have to apply for a brand, new TAC. So, be sure to get your TAC only when you plan to use it right away.
Best of all, one TAC can enable you to do multiple transactions at a time. Plus, once you have registered payee corporations and bills the first time, you don’t need a TAC the next time you login. You only need TAC again if you want to add new payees or bills.
You can also call 1-300-88-6688 or (603)7844 3696 to find out more about TAC.
Got questions? Check out our FAQs for help or contact our friendly Customer Service Executives at 1-300-88-6688 or (603)7844 3696 for more info.