United Japan Discovery Fund ("The Fund") is a Wholesale (Feeder) fund under growth fund type.
The Fund seeks to provide investors with long term capital appreciation by investing in the United Japan Small and Mid Cap Fund (the "Target Fund") which has an investment focus in Japan.
The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing a minimum of 90% of the Fund's NAV in Target Fund at all times. Accordingly, this Fund will have a passive strategy as all the investment decisions will be made at the Target Fund level. The Fund invests a minimum of 90% of the Fund's NAV in the Target Fund and up to 10% of the Fund's NAV in liquid assets.
The Fund is launched on 28 January 2016. The financial year of the Fund ends on 30th April every calendar year. The Fund Manager is UOB Asset Management (Malaysia) Berhad and the Trustee is Deutsche Trustees Malaysia Berhad.
- The fund is suitable for Qualified Investors:
- seeking long term capital appreciation on their investments;
- have a high risk tolerance; and
- who seek exposure in Japan.
- Asset allocation as follows:
- A minimum of 90% of the Fund's NAV in the Target Fund;
- Up to 10% of the Fund's NAV in liquid assets.
- Subject to the availability of income, distribution is incidental. Distribution of income will only be made from realized gains or realized income. Distribution declared (if any) will be automatically reinvested into the Unit Holders' accounts in the form of additional Units in the Fund at no cost.
- The benchmark is MSCI Japan SMID Cap Index, which is also the performance benchmark of the Target Fund.
- Sales charge per unit is up to 5.00% of the NAV per unit of the Fund.
- The repurchase charge is not imposed.
- Transfer and switching facility is not applicable for the Fund.
- Base currency is Malaysian Ringgit.
- Minimum units held is 1,000 units.
- The Annual Management fee is up to 1.80% of the NAV of the Fund, calculated and accrued on a daily basis.
- Trustee Fee is 0.06% per annum of the NAV of the Fund, subject to a minimum of RM15,000 per annum, calculated and accrued on a daily basis (excluding foreign custodian fees and charges).
- Minimum initial investment is RM10,000 and minimum additional investment is RM1,000.
- Minimum redemption amount is 1,000 units. Redemption monies to be paid within ten (10) calendar days from the date of redemption request is received by the Manager.
- Cooling off period, unit holders may exercise cooling-off rights within six (6) business days commencing from the date the application of investment received by the Manager. This is however, only available on your first investment with the Manager.
Note: Please refer to our nearest branch for more details about United Japan Discovery Fund.
Download Prospectus / Info Memorandum
Download Product Highlights Sheet (PHS)
Download Fund Factsheet