Maybank Malaysia Sukuk Fund ("The Fund") is a Shariah-compliant Sukuk fund under income fund type. The Fund will invest between 70% - 98% of the Fund's Net Asset Value (NAV) in a portfolio of Ringgit Malaysia denominated Sukuk issued by Malaysian issuers and Malaysian financial institutions with a minimum Sukuk rating of ‘A-' by RAM or equivalent rating by MARC. The Manager will also invest between 2% - 30% of the Fund's NAV in Shariah-compliant liquid assets including Shariah-compliant money market instruments and placement in Shariah-compliant deposits.
The Fund is launched on 8th January 2014. The financial year of the Fund ends on 31st January every calendar year. The Fund Manager is Maybank Asset Management Sdn Bhd and the Trustee is TMF Trustees Malaysia Berhad. The fund aims to provide investors with annual income through investing in a portfolio of Sukuk over medium to long-term period.
- The fund is suitable for investors:
- With a conservative risk appetite;
- With a medium to long term investment horizon;
- Who seek annual income through investing in Sukuk.
- Asset Allocation as follow:
- Between 70% - 98% of the Fund's Net Asset Value (NAV) in a portfolio of Ringgit Malaysia denominated Sukuk issued by Malaysian issuers and Malaysian financial institutions with a minimum Sukuk rating of ‘A-' by RAM or equivalent rating by MARC
- Between 2% - 30% of the Fund's NAV in Shariah-compliant liquid assets including Shariah-compliant money market instruments and placement in Shariah-compliant deposits
- Distribution of income, if any, shall be on an annual basis and will be made from the realised income of the Fund.
- The benchmark is 12 month Maybank General Investment Account-I rate.
- Sales Charge per Unit is up to 2.00% of the NAV per unit of The Fund.
- Transfer fee is RM10.00 per transfer.
- The Repurchase Charge is up to 1.00% of the NAV per unit of the Fund for any redemption requests made within ninety (90) days from the date of the initial investment of the Unit Holder. Thereafter, no redemption charges will be imposed for redemption requests.
- Switching Fee is not applicable.
- Minimum Balance of Investment is 500 units.
- The annual management fee is up to 1.00% of the NAV of the Fund.
- Trustee fee is 0.05% per annum of the NAV of the Fund, accrued daily and paid monthly to the Trustee.
- Minimum initial investment is MYR1,000 and minimum additional investment is RM100.
- Redemption Period, redemption monies to be paid within ten (10) calendar days from the date of redemption request is receipt by the Manager.
- Cooling off period, unit holders may exercise cooling-off rights within six (6) business days commencing from the date the application of investment received by the Manager. This is however, only available on your first investment with the Manager.
Note: Please refer to our nearest branch for more details about Maybank Malaysia Sukuk Fund.
Download Fund Factsheet
Download Prospectus / Info Memorandum
Download Product Highlights Sheet (PHS)