Basic Current Account-i is based on Shariah contract of Qard. Qard refers to a contract of lending money by a lender to a borrower where the borrower is bound to repay an equivalent amount to the lender. Ownership of the money belonging to the lender is transferred to the borrower and the borrower is obliged to repay the lender in full.
Customer as lender lend his money to Maybank Islamic as borrower.
- Based on the principle of Qard (Loan)**
- No charges on the issuance of cheque books except for the stamp duty
- Free monthly statement
**Effective 7 October 2017
Who can apply
- Malaysians and permanent residents aged 18 years and above
- Introducer required
- MyKad (IC) / Police or Armed Forces ID Card (i.e personal /joint accounts)
Please also bring along any of the following secondary supporting documents:-
- Valid driving licence
- Utility bills (e.g. water/electricity/telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account
- Letter of employment
Please choose a branch located near your home or place of work.
Fees & charges
- Service charge: RM10 per half year, waived for accounts with an average balance of RM1,000 within six (6) months
- Early closure of account within 3 months of account opening: RM20 plus prevailing GST rate
- Cash withdrawals at ATM: RM1 withdrawal plus prevailing GST rate
View all banking fees