- Offer enhanced interest rate (as high as double digits)
- A short tenure investment (1 week to 2 months)
- Choice of various currency pairing is available
- At maturity, the redemption can be in Base Currency or Alternate Currency
- Customisable (you can choose the currency pair, tenure, strike rate and interest rate depending on your investment needs and risk appetite)
- Non-principal protected
- High potential returns, short investment tenure
- No fees and no hidden charges
- Diversification on your investment portfolio
DCI is suitable for eligible investors who
- seek higher potential return than fixed deposit
- are willing to accept either Base Currency or Alternate Currency at maturity
- have requirement for alternate / foreign currency
- DCI may only be offered to eligible investors falling under the definition of “accredited investors”, “high net worth entity, or high net worth individual” in Schedule 6 of the Capital Market and Services Act 2007.
- Investors must maintain a Multi Foreign Currency Account (MFCA) with Maybank.
How does it work?
The illustration below is based on an investment amount of MYR1,000,000 and a duration of 1 month.
Current spot rate of AUDMYR is 3.0300. Mr A holds a conservative view that AUDMYR will move within range of 3.0000 to 3.1000 and he prefers to buy AUD at a cheaper rate, hence he chooses a Strike Rate of 3.0150 which is below current spot rate of 3.0300. He decides to invest MYR1,000,000 to enjoy higher returns. He does not mind holding AUD as his daughter is currently studying in Australia and does not need these funds for another month, so, he chooses an investment tenure of 1 month. The yield quoted to Mr. A based on the currency, strike rate and tenure that he chose is 7% p.a.
Based on the above example, here are 2 possible scenarios:
The above examples are for illustrative purposes only and are not indicative of future performance.
Product Highlights Sheet
Please click here to download the Product Highlights Sheet.
Please visit our Premier Wealth Centres/ Lounges to speak with a Relationship Manager for more details.
THE RETURNS ON YOUR STRUCTURED PRODUCT INVESTMENT WILL BE AFFECTED BY THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UNDERLYING ASSET / REFERENCE, AND THE RECOVERY OF YOUR PRINCIPAL INVESTMENT MAY BE JEOPARDISED IF YOU MAKE AN EARLY REDEMPTION.
THIS STRUCTURED PRODUCT INVESTMENT IS NOT INSURED BY PERBADANAN INSURANS DEPOSIT MALAYSIA.
How much are you worth?Take a snapshot of your current financial situation with our net worth calculator >
Don't be a victim of email or SMS fraud! Reach our internet banking fraud hotline at +603-5891 4744