- Potentially Better Returns: Opportunity for greater capital gain from the appreciation in gold price.
- Portfolio diversification: Gold provides a great way to diversify your investment portfolio. With MGIA you can start right away with an affordable initial purchase and subsequent investments.
- Better security: Provides a good hedge against inflation.
- Better Protection: Investments in Maybank Gold Investment Account are fully backed by physical gold deposited in Produits Artistiques Metaux Precieux (PAMP S.A).
- Convenience: Managing your account is easy. Buy or sell easily with your passbook at any Maybank branch in Malaysia or via Maybank2u.com
- Affordability: 1 gram is all you need to purchase, sell and maintain your investment.
|Minimum Initial Purchase||1 gram|
|Minimum Subsequent Purchase/Sale||In multiples of 1 gram|
|Minimum Balance in the Account||1 gram|
|Gold Purchase Price||- Gold purchase will be based on the Bank's prevailing gold SELLING price quoted in RM per gram|
- The mode of payment accepted for purchase of gold are:
|Gold Sale/Withdrawal||Gold sale will be based on the Bank's prevailing gold BUYING price quoted in RM per gram|
Withdrawal options available are:
|Mode of Operation||Passbook|
|Interest||No interest payout|
|Stamp Duty Fee on Agreement||RM10|
|Replacement of Lost / Spoilt Passbook||RM15 (inclusive of Stamp Duty for Letter of Indemnity)|
|Buy or sell gold via Maybank2u.com||Available from Monday to Friday (10am to 4.30pm) when the Bank is open for business in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur|
How to buy and sell
Buy and sell via Maybank2u.com
Enjoy the convenience of managing your Maybank Gold Investment Account (MGIA) online via Maybank2u.com. Click here for details.
Purchase with Maybankard Debit and Credit Card
You can now buy gold with your Maybankard Debit and Credit Card *(Visa and MasterCard) at selected Maybank branches.
*There will be no TreatsPoints earned from any purchase of gold with Maybankard Debit or Credit Card
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Click here for list of Participating Maybank Branches.
Who can apply
- Individuals aged 18 years and above
- Joint account - maximum 4 persons
- Maybank Gold Investment Account is now open for customer aged below 18 years old.
- Account is required to be opened with a parent (s) or legal guardian as a trustee.
Disclaimer: The returns on Maybank Gold Investment Account (MGIA) are subject to the gold price fluctuations. Customers are advised to read and understand the product before making any investment. This product is not insured by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM).
Call usGot a question? Call our Customer Care hotline at
1300 88 6688, any time,
How much are you worth?Take a snapshot of your current financial situation with our net worth calculator >
Turn opportunity into gold.Read our guide to investing in