Kindly take note that effective 9 May 2015, all Visa and MasterCard Debit Cardholders will receive a SMS (Short Message Service) for any retail purchases of RM500 and above charged to their Visa or MasterCard Debit for signature base transactions only. The SMS alert is not applicable for Pin base retail transaction.
This is in-line with the mandatory guideline issued by Bank Negara Malaysia and the alert via SMS will be applicable to the following transactions:
- Purchase transaction via Point of Sales (POS) Terminals
- Online transaction
- Mail Order Telephone Order transactions
- Shop at over 29.4 million Mastercard accepted outlets worldwide.
- Higher interest rate enjoyed(multi tiered interest rate) (Premier Account).
- For Overseas withdrawal & purchases, please activate your Overseas flag via Maybank2u or ATM.
- Use it as your ATM card to withdraw cash locally & overseas.
- Set your own Purchase Limit up to maximum RM10,000 or default to RM2,000
- Open to all Premier Account and any Current/Savings Account open.
- Expire after 7 years.
- Set your own purchase limit.
- Use it to pay bills or transfer money.
- Track your online transactions via Maybank2u.com.my.
- 24 hour Customers Service (1-300 88 6688).
- Shop at 29.4 million MasterCard accepted outlets worldwide.
- Enjoy selected Maybank and MasterCard Platinum Privileges
- For purchases below RM250, you can wave your MasterCard Debit Platinum card on the contactless terminal for payment at selected merchants. No signature is required.
- Enjoy Platinum privileges offered by MasterCard International at www.mastercardmoments.com
- Hot deals from Kardshoppe Newsletter
- Online Shopping (MSOS) and Mail Order Telephone Order (MOTO)
Who can apply?
Maybank Premier Account
- Premier Club Account
- Premier 1 Account
- Premier Mudharabah - I Account
- Maybank2u.Premier Account
- and any Current/Savings Account open
How to apply?
- Visit any Maybank branch
- You need to complete application form and choose Maybankard MasterCard Platinum Debit
- For Maybank2u Premier - apply via Maybank2u.com
- Maybankard MasterCard Platinum Debit card will be issued on the spot
How to activate ATM/Debit Card for Overseas Use & Set Purchase Limit
Click here to find out more
- MyKad (IC)/Police or Armed Forces ID Card
- Birth Certificate and MyKid (i.e for in-trust and minor accounts)
- Passport (i.e for non-residents/foreigner)
- Minimum Deposit for Current/Saving Account open:
- RM250 (individuals, joint & minor accounts)
- RM50 (with letter of employment)
- RM500 for Premier/m2u Premier
- RM5,000 for Premier Club
- *Current/Saving Account details please click here.
- Valid Passport (for Residents)
- Valid Driving License (for Residents)
- Utility Bills (e.g water/ electricity/ telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment
Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account.
- Letter of Confirmation from Employer, Educational Institution etc.
- Credit Card (if any).
Fees & charges
The charges for the issuance of the Maybankard MasterCard Platinum Debit shall remain the same as the existing Bankcard including charges impose for cash withdrawals, as follows:
|Card issuance||Fees & harges|
|Opening new account - for unlimited withdrawal||RM8|
|Annual service fee||Free|
|Card replacement due to faulty chip||Free|
|Renewal (after 7 years expiry date)||Free*|
*1 year before and 1 year after card expiry date
|Conversion from Maybankard Bankcard to Maybankard MasterCard Platinum Debit||RM12|
|Conversion from Maybankard Visa Debit to Maybankard MasterCard Platinum Debit||RM12|
|Replacement due to lost/stolen/damaged card, forgotten PIN||RM12|
|First four (4) cash withdrawals in a month at any Maybank ATM||Free|
|Fifth withdrawal and above in a month||RM0.50 per withdrawal (charge will be debited directly from account at the end of each transaction)|
*Fee waived if you have a balance of above RM5,000 at time of withdrawal (optional) or single transaction of maximum withdrawal of RM1,500 and above
*Unlimited withdrawal at any Maybank ATM : RM8 per annum
|Cash withdrawal at other domestic banks' ATMs||RM1 per withdrawal|
(Charge will be debited directly from account at the end of each transaction)
|Cash withdrawal at international banks' ATM via MasterCard & Cirrus platform||RM12 per withdrawal|
|Non-cash ATM transactions such as e-balance enquiry, fund transfer to any Maybank account, local cheque deposit, cash deposit, etc||Free|
|Retail purchase at merchants/retailers||Free|
|Penalty fee on overdrawn account||RM10|
The Malaysian Goods & Services Tax (GST) will be imposed on all fees/charges charged by the Bank to our cardmembers where applicable effective 1 April 2015 at the current prevailing rate.
Travel abroad with ease when you activate Maybankard Debit. Click here to find out more.