Maybank Basic Card
- Shop at over 29 mill Visa accepted outlets worldwide.
- Use it as your ATM card to withdraw cash locally and overseas.
- For Overseas withdrawal & purchases, please activate your Overseas flag via Maybank2u or ATM.
- Set your own purchase limit up to RM5,000.
- Daily default purchase limit of RM1,000.
- No income requirement for application,no finance and late charges or annual fees.
- Use it to pay bills or transfer money.
- Peace of mind with smart chip security.
- Track your online transactions via Maybank2u.com
Who can apply?
- Maybank saving/current account holders aged 18 and above.
- For imteen Account (aged 12 to 18 years), Indemnity Letter is mandatory to be signed by the parents or guardian as a condition to open imtenn Account. The parents or guardian are required to go to the branch to sign the Indemnity Letter for access to Maybankard Visa Debit or Maybankard BankCard.
How to apply
Visit your nearest Maybank branch.
Fill up the application form and choose Maybankard Visa Debit when you open a savings or current account.
Existing savings and current account customers can apply or convert to Maybankard Visa Debit immediately.
- MyKad (IC)/Police or Armed Forces ID Card
- Birth Certificate and MyKid (i.e for in-trust and minor accounts)
- Passport (i.e for non-residents/foreigner)
- Minimum Deposit for Current/Saving Account open:
- RM250 (individuals, joint & minor accounts)
- RM50 (with letter of employment)
- *Current/Saving Account details please click here.
- Valid Passport (for Residents)
- Valid Driving License (for Residents)
- Utility Bills (e.g water/ electricity/ telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment
Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account.
- Letter of Confirmation from Employer, Educational Institution etc.
- Credit Card (if any).
Fees & charges
|Card Issuance||Fees & Charges|
|Opening new account||Free|
|Annual service fee||Free|
|Card replacement due to faulty chip||Free|
|Renewal (after 7 years expiry date)||Free*|
*1 year before and 1 year after card expiry date
|Replacement due to lost/stolen/damaged card, forgotten PIN||RM12|
|First four (4) cash withdrawals in a month at any Maybank ATM||Free|
|Fifth withdrawal and above in a month||RM0.50 per withdrawal (charge will be debited directly from account at the end of each transaction)|
*Fee waived if you have a balance of above RM5,000 at time of withdrawal (optional) or single transaction of maximum withdrawal of RM1,500 and above
*Unlimited withdrawal at any Maybank ATM : RM8 per annum
|Cash withdrawal at other domestic banks' ATMs||RM1 per withdrawal (charge will be debited directly from account at the end of each transaction)|
|Cash withdrawal at international banks' ATM via PLUS platform||RM12 per withdrawal|
|Non-cash ATM transactions such as e-balance enquiry, fund transfer to any Maybank account, local cheque deposit, cash deposit, etc||Free|
|Retail purchase at merchants/retailers||Free|
|Penalty fee on overdrawn account||RM10|
|e-Debit at merchant/retailers||Free|
|Unlimited withdrawal at any Maybank ATM||RM8 per annum|
The Malaysian Goods & Services Tax (GST) will be imposed on all fees/charges charged by the Bank to our cardmembers where applicable effective 1 April 2015 at the current prevailing rate.
Travel abroad with ease when you activate Maybankard Debit. Click here to find out more.
Turn the cashier into an instant ATM.Did you know that you can withdraw cash while paying for goods? Find out more >
Don't be a victim of email or SMS fraud! Reach our internet banking fraud hotline at +603-5891 4744