Basic Current Account-i is based on the "Wadiah Yad Dhamanah" (safe keeping with guarantee) principle which refers to a contract between the owner of the fund (account holder) and the Bank for safe-keeping purposes.
The accountholder as depositor places his deposits on basis of trust. Maybank Islamic, as trustee, guarantees the repayment of the whole amount of deposits, or any part thereof, upon request.
- Based on the principle of Wadiah Yad Dhamanah
- No charges on the issuance of cheque books except for the stamp duty
- Free monthly statement
Who can apply
- Malaysians and permanent residents aged 18 years and above
- Introducer required
- MyKad (IC) / Police or Armed Forces ID Card (i.e personal /joint accounts)
Please also bring along any of the following secondary supporting documents:-
- Valid driving licence
- Utility bills (e.g. water/electricity/telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account
- Letter of employment
Please choose a branch located near your home or place of work.
Fees & charges
- Service charge: RM10 per half year, waived for accounts with an average balance of RM1,000 within six (6) months
- Early closure of account within 3 months of account opening: RM20 plus prevailing GST rate
- Cash withdrawals at ATM: RM1 withdrawal plus prevailing GST rate
Guide to depositing chequesNo one likes bounced or delayed cheques. Read our tips for speedy cheque processing >
Click here for PIDM brochure
Your zone to do things you want to do, at your own pace.