All interest / dividend rates quoted may change without prior notice. Please contact the nearest Maybank branch for the latest rates
- Earn a one-month Fixed Deposit (FD) rate from your savings account, subject to ONE withdrawal per month for six consecutive months i.e. from 1 January to 30 June and from 1 July to 31 December
- Check and maintain your account via Maybank2u.com or any Maybank ATM (Passbookless)
- Convenient ATM access at all MEPS ATMs nationwide and CIRRUS networks worldwide
- Free Personal Accident (PA) coverage of up to RM30,000 when you maintain a minimum account balance of RM1,000 for teenager aged 12 to below 18 years old. Terms & Condition applies.
- Cash rewards when you excel in your PT3, SPM, STPM / A-Levels and Tertiary Level exams (Degree Level Exams) with a minimum maintained account balance of RM 1,000.
- Spending limit of RM500 per day on selected withdrawals via over-the-counter, Maybank2u.com, ATM, EFTPOS, MEPS and Regional Switch
Who can apply
- Teens aged 12 to below 18 years old
*Once attained the age of 18 and above, lower interest rate (Kawanku Savings interest rate) will apply.
Multi-tiered Interest Rates
|Savings Band||Nominal Rates (% p.a.)||Effective Rates (% p.a.) |
|Up to RM50,000||2.95||2.97|
|*With effect from 16 August 2016|
- Interest is credited twice (2) a year on 30th June and 31st December respectively.
- If the account is not maintained for the 6 month duration as mentioned, the normal Kawanku Savings interest will apply.
- * An Indemnity Letter is a compulsory document to be signed by the parents or guardian as a condition to open a new imteen account as well as to access Internet banking facilities via Maybank2u.com and Maybankard Bankcard (ATM card). Just visit your nearest Maybank branch and bring along your original documents and parents or guardian for verification purposes.
- Original Identity Card (IC) and birth certificate of teenage applicant
- Parents'/Guardian's IC and other supporting documents to verify parentage or guardianship
Fees & charges*
- Stamping fees for Indemnity Letter: RM10
- Replacement of ATM/bankcard: RM12
- Early closure of account within 3 months of account opening: RM20
- Cash withdrawals at ATM facilities owned by other banks (MEPS charges): RM1
*The Malaysian Goods & Services Tax (GST) will be imposed on all fees/charges charged by the Bank where applicable effective 1 April 2015 at the current prevailing rate.
Academic Cash Award
The Cash Award for Academic Excellence is given for excellent grades in PT3,SPM, STPM/A-Levels and Degree Level as follows :
RM100 per accountholder
|SPM ||*8As / A+ |
RM200 per accountholder
|STPM/A-Levels||5As / 4As and MUET Grade 6|
RM300 per accountholder
|University Degree||1st Class Honours|
RM500 per accountholder
*For SPM, ‘A-' is not entitled.
How to qualify
To qualify, you need to meet the following criteria:
Existing account holders
Maintain RM1,000 in the account during the examination year for PT3, SPM, STPM / A-Levels until the date of submission for Cash Award
New account holders
Open and maintain RM1,000 in the account before the examination for PT3, SPM, STPM/A-Levels until the date of submission for Cash Award
1st Class Honours Degree
At the age of 18, the accountholder must maintain RM1,000 in the account
Account must be opened before reaching age 18
Account must be maintained until the date of submission of Cash Award
The submission for Cash Award claims is to be done at the accountholder's home branch within one (1) month from the official results announcement. The Cash Award can only be claimed once irrespective of the number of savings accounts held by the imteen accountholder.
Click here for Academic Excellence Cash Award Claim form.