The use of Maybankard and Phone Banking Service is subject at all times to the following Terms and Conditions:-
1(a). "Banks" means Malayan Banking Berhad and include its successors in title and assigns.
1(b). "SST" means self service terminals which include an Automated Teller Machine (ATM), Cash Deposit Machine (CDM), Passbook Update Machine (KPU), Cheque Deposit Machine (CQM) and any other self service machines installed by the Bank or a shared interbank Network for the use of the Cardholders.
1(c). "Card" means the Maybankard issued by the Bank, or MyKad which carries the Maybank's ATM application and any replacement thereof issued by the Bank to the Cardholders to enable them to use the ATM, CDM, KPU, CQM, e-Debit and any other electronic banking service as the Bank shall offer or introduce from time to time.
1(d). "Phone Banking" means electronic banking service through phone.
1(e). "Cardholder" means a customer of the Bank to whom the Card has been issued.
1(f). "Customer" means a customer of the Bank who uses the SST, e-Debit and/or Phone Banking.
1(g). "Transaction" means banking transaction transacted or capable of being transacted by the use or without the use of the Card and/or phone and shall include withdrawal, payment, fund transfer, balance inquiry, deposits (of cash or cheques), settlement of credit account, cheque book request, statement request, bill payment and any other electronic banking service as the Bank shall offer or introduce from time to time.
1(h). "PIN" means Personal Identification Number issued by the Bank to the Cardholder to access to services offered through any SST or Phone Banking.
1(i) "Services" means services offered to Customers through SST, e-Debit, Phone Banking and any other electronic banking service that the Bank may offer or introduce from time to time.
1(j). "Access Number" means number given by the Bank to be use with the PIN for Phone Banking services.
1(k). "Bill" means the latest bill/contract received from a Payee Corporation and/or the sum due to the Payee Corporation which has to be paid within the time frame stipulated in the Payee Corporation's Bill/Contract.
1(l). "Order" means instruction given by the Customer authorizing the Bank to make payment to one/more Payee Corporation(s).
1(m). "Payee Corporation" means Corporation(s) whose bills can be paid through the services.
1(n). "e-Debit" means Electronic Funds Transfer Terminal installed at the payment counter of any corporation(s) which accept the Card.
1(o). "Anniversary date" means the issuance date of Maybankard or date of personalization of the MyKad with the Bank's ATM application and in the case of Maybankard or MyKad being lost, stolen, damaged or if the PIN is exposed or forgotten, the date of replacement of such Card or date of re-personalization of the replacement MyKad.
2. The Card shall at all times remain the property of the Bank and shall be surrendered to the Bank immediately upon request.
3. The Cardholder shall keep and use the Card himself and shall not transfer, pledge or otherwise use it as security for any credit transaction.
4. The Cardholder shall keep and use the Card himself and the Card shall not be used after its cancellation or withdrawal or upon the Cardholder ceasing to be the Bank's Customer.
5. The Services shall be available subject to any instructions or notifications regarding the use of the Service issued by the Bank from time to time.
6. The Cardholder shall observe all security measures prescribed by the Bank relating to his Card, access number or PIN or the Services provided and at no time and under no circumstances shall the Cardholder reveal his PIN to anyone including the Bank's staff. If the PIN is exposed or suspected to be exposed to another person, the Cardholder shall immediately inform the Bank of it and shall not use his Card until the Bank issued another Card and/or Phone Banking Access Number and PIN to him.
7. The Cardholder shall not use the Card for withdrawal of cash, payment or fund transfer unless there is sufficient funds in his account. Withdrawals are subject to a maximum limit of RM3,000.00 in accumulated total per day and a maximum limit of RM1,500.00 per withdrawal transaction. However, for Minor Accounts, withdrawals are limited to a maximum of RM200.00 in accumulated total per day.
8. Withdrawal transactions are subject to a maximum limit of S$2,000.00, B$2,000.00, and Peso20,000 in accumulated total per day at Maybank's ATM located in Singapore, Brunei and Philippines respectively. However, for Minor Accounts, withdrawals are limited to a maximum of S$200.00, B$200.00 and Peso2,000 in accumulated total per day.
9. Transactions for public issue share application through ATM and fund transfer for bill payment through Phone Banking services shall not be subject to the withdrawal limit of RM3,000.00 per day as per Clause 7 but to a maximum limit of RM99,999.99 or subject to the availability of sufficient funds in the account.
10. Cardholder can change the defaulted cash withdrawal limit and 3rd party transfer limit of RM1,000.00 per card per day at the ATM to a limit offered as an option by the Bank, subject to a maximum of RM3,000.00 and RM5,000.00 respectively. However, the lower limit as prescribed under Clause 7, 8, 9 or the limit selected by the Cardholder will prevail.
11. The Bank reserves the right to amend or vary the limits under Clause 7, 8, 9 and 10 at any time and written notice of such amendment or variation will be communicated to Cardholders in any form or methods as the Bank may prescribe.
12. The Bank must be notified, in writing, immediately of any lost or stolen card and the circumstances thereof, and the Cardholder shall be responsible for any transaction or use of the Card prior to the receipt of such notification by the Bank. However, Cardholder's liability is subject to the maximum limits as prescribed under Clause 7, 8 and 9.
13. Any complaint shall be directed to either the Sales & Service Center's Manager or the Head, ATM & SST Operations, Head Office for further recourse.
14. Except as provided in Clause 12, the Cardholder shall undertake to accept full responsibility for all Transactions made by the use of the Card and shall accept the Bank's record of Transactions as binding for all purposes and hereby authorize the Bank to debit the Cardholder's account whether with or without the Cardholder's knowledge or authority.
15. The Bank reserves the right to levy a service fee for the issuance of a Maybankard or a service fee of RM12.00 for the replacement of any Card which is lost, stolen, damaged or if the PIN is exposed or forgotten. The use of the replacement Card is subject to the Terms and Conditions which are in force at the date of replacement. The service fee may be varied from time to time at the absolute discretion of the Bank.
16. The Bank shall levy a service charge of RM0.50 per transaction per Card from the fifth cash withdrawal transaction onwards per month at any Maybank or Mayban Finance ATMs. The service charge will be waived if the Savings or Current account has a balance of above RM5,000.00 at the time of withdrawal or the withdrawal amount is RM1,500.00. The said service charge may be varied from time to time at the absolute discretion of the Bank.
17. The Bank shall levy a service charge of RM2.00 for each withdrawal transaction at Maybank's Group ATM in Singapore, Brunei and Philippines, RM1.00 at MEPS network and RM12.00 at Visa Plus Network. The charges may be varied from time to time at the absolute discretion of the Bank.
18. Cash deposited at the ATM shall be retrieved for verification by two officers of the Bank and the amount so verified shall be deemed to be the deposited amount and the entry thereof in the records of the Bank.
19. Customer who deposits cash at the CDM shall accept the deposit amount as printed onto the CDM receipt and the entry thereof in records of the Bank as correct. In the event of cash jammed, the deposit amount shall be deemed to have been received by the Bank upon verification by two officers of the Bank and the amount so verified shall be deemed to be the deposited amount.
20. Cheques and other negotiable instrument deposited at the ATM or CQM shall be deemed to have been accepted for collection only upon verification by two officers of the Bank of such deposit and of the title of the Cardholder to such cheques and negotiable instrument.
21. All Transactions arising from the use of the Card that is designated for joint accounts shall be binding on all accountholders, who are liable or responsible for the Transactions. The mandate of a joint account shall not be revoked unless the card whose mandate is to be revoked is surrendered to the Bank.
22. The balance in the Cardholder's account which is reported by the SSTs, e-Debit terminals, Phone Banking or any other means shall not include any Cardholder's deposit which has/have not been verified by the Bank. The unverified deposit shall not be taken into account for cheque(s) issued by Cardholder and payment or fund transfers services offered by the Bank.
23. The balance in the Cardholder's account reported by the SSTs, e-Debit terminals, and Phone Banking shall not for any purpose whatsoever be taken as conclusive statement of the Cardholder's account with the Bank.
24. The Bank shall maintain a monthly record of all Transactions for the Services offered in respect of the Cardholder's account(s) with the Bank.
25. If the Cardholder has access to his Savings Account with the use of the Card, the transaction record or all Transactions transacted will be maintained by the Bank and a periodic statement of the above may be sent to Cardholder.
26. If the Cardholder's account is overdrawn, the Cardholder shall, on demand by the Bank, make good the amount overdrawn plus any interest thereon which shall be calculated based on the Bank's Current Account overdraft interest rate.
27. The Bank shall not be held liable in the absence of wilful misconduct or negligence on the part of the Bank, its' services or agents, for any loss or damage suffered by the Cardholder arising out of the Services offered at the SSTs and e-Debit being unavailable, damaged or destroyed.
28. The Bank shall not be held liable for any loss or damage if a wrong account number is keyed in by the Cardholder in the course of utilizing the Services offered at the SSTs or e-Debit.
29. The Customer shall only use the Bill Payment Service to settle current bill to Payee Corporation. At no time shall the Customer use the Service to pay for disconnection or reconnection fee or any other charges levied by Payee Corporation.
30. The Customer shall pay the current bill in full within the stipulated time as prescribed by the Payee Corporation. Failure to comply therewith may result in the utility supply/facilities/services being disconnected or further action taken by the respective Payee Corporation to recover the dues as provided by the law.
31. The Bank will not effect any payment order or instruction unless there is sufficient balance in the Customer's account on the payment order or instruction date and shall not be liable for any loss or damage. The account balance shall exclude uncleared cheque(s) or remittances not received. All payment order or instruction will be void if the Customer's account is closed or the payment order or instruction is cancelled on or before payment date.
32. For sole proprietor, partnership and company accounts, the Customer shall inform the Bank in writing immediately of any changes in the authorized representative or signatory who are authorized to use the services. The Customer will be held fully responsible for all Transactions made prior to the notice received by the Bank.
33. The Bank reserves the right to add or withdraw any Payee Corporation from its' services without assigning any reason(s) thereof and shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of such action.
34. The Bank shall not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from any mistake in the registering of any Bill's detail, including but not limited to the Bill's reference number caused by the Customer's failure to register the correct Bill's detail or the Customer's failure to update the Bank on any changes.
35. The Customer hereby authorizes the Bank to debit his account for the charges levied on the Bill Payment Service and the account to be debited would be the account from where the transaction originates and/or the account specified in the Bill Payment Service application form.
36. The Customer must notify the Bank of any changes in his personal particulars, including but not limited to, NRIC number, name and address that may occur from time to time and to hold the Bank harmless from any claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses arising from any rejection of his application for Public Share Issue by the Issuing House and/or the Bank caused by multiple application, suspected multiple application, inaccurate and/or incomplete details etc., which are beyond the control of the Bank.
37. All inter country Transactions via ATMs shall be subject to the laws existing in the country where the Transaction originates. For all such Transactions, the exchange rate, where applicable, shall be the prevailing spot exchange rates on the date of transaction.
38. Transactions via e-Debit shall be deemed to be cash withdrawal transactions and the Cardholder hereby authorized the Bank to debit his account for the total amount of the bills incurred by the use of the Card.
39. The Bank shall not be held liable for any act or omission by any e-Debit outlets howsoever caused, including but not limited to, any refusal to accept the Card, or any statement or other communication made in connection therewith, or any defect or deficiency in goods or services. The Cardholder must liaise directly with the e-Debit outlet on any claim or dispute and will not dispute any payment made by the Bank from the Cardholder's account on such claims or dispute.
40. The Bank reserves the right to cancel or terminate the Card and/or Services at any time without prior notice to the Cardholder if the Card had not been used for two years or more.
41. Notwithstanding and without prejudice to the generality of the clauses in these Terms and Conditions, the Cardholder shall expressly agree that the use of the Card is at his own risk and shall assume all risk incidental to or arising out of the use of the Card.
42. The terms and conditions governing the account(s) of the Customer with the Bank, e-Debit and MEPS Cash and which are consistent with these Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply.
43. The Terms and Conditions herein are not exhaustive and the Bank reserves the right to add, delete, vary or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and from time to time at its sole and absolute discretion. The Customer hereby agrees that any such additions, deletions, variations or amendments to the Terms and Conditions shall be binding on the Customer and be deemed to have come to the Customer's attention by them being displayed at the Bank and any of its branches or posted to the Customer at his last known address or advertised by any other mode which the Bank may deem fit. Any new service that may be introduced by the Bank from time to time if advertised by the Bank through the newspaper or the Bank's promotional items placed at the Bank's counter shall be deemed to have been effectively and sufficiently communicated to the Customer.
44. All notices to the Customer sent by ordinary post to or left at the address(s) of the Customer given to the Bank or at the Customer's last known address shall be deemed to have been delivered in the ordinary course of post or on the day were so left.
Call usGot a question? Call our Customer Care hotline at
1300 88 6688, any time,