Note: This Card has been discontinued. Please replace your ATM Card with the new MyDebit Card via Maybank2u or Express Debit Replacement Kiosk
- Use the Maybankard Bankcard to withdraw cash, transfer funds, make account balance enquiries and lots more at any ATM
- Accepted at over 1,000 Maybank ATMs nationwide and over 3,800 other ATMs nationwide
- For Overseas withdrawal & purchases, please activate your Overseas flag via Maybank2u or ATM.
e-Debit application (electronic debit at point-of-sale)
- Make online PIN-authorised cashless payments for goods, services and utility bills
- Deducted directly from your savings or current account, so you don't have to worry about debts or interest rates Widely accepted at participating petrol stations, supermarkets, departmental stores, utility companies, etc
MEPS Cash application (electronic storage of monetary value)
- An electronic purse application that allows you to load electronic monetary value directly from your account to your card
- Transactions are more convenient and faster, without signature authorisation or PIN
- Participating merchants include convenience stores, retail outlets eateries/cafes, utility companies, etc
- Greater control: combine and link as many as 15 (fifteen) different Maybank accounts into one card
- Increased security, as the smart chip is tamper-resistant and the data stored is harder to extract and copy
- Stay safe, without the need to carry large amounts of cash around
- Enjoy the convenience of cash withdrawal and other ATM-related transactions
Who can apply?
- Maybank savings/current accountholders
How to apply
- Please visit the nearest Maybank branch to apply
- Fill up the application form and choose Maybankard Bankcard when you open the Current or Saving Account
- Maybankard Visa Debit card will be issued on the spot
How to activate ATM/Debit Card for Overseas Use & Set Purchase Limit
Click here to find out more
- MyKad (IC)/Police or Armed Forces ID Card
- Birth Certificate and MyKid (i.e for in-trust and minor accounts)
- Passport (i.e for non-residents/foreigner)
- Minimum Deposit for Current/Saving Account open:
- RM250 (individuals, joint & minor accounts)
- RM50 (with letter of employment)
- *Current/Saving Account details please click here.
- Valid Passport (for Residents)
- Valid Driving License (for Residents)
- Utility Bills (e.g water/ electricity/ telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment
Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account.
- Letter of Confirmation from Employer, Educational Institution etc.
- Credit Card (if any).
Fees & charges
|Card Issuance||Fees & Charges|
|Opening new account||Free|
|Annual service fee||Free|
|Card replacement due to faulty chip||Free|
|Replacement due to lost/stolen/damaged card, forgotten PIN||RM12|
|First four (4) cash withdrawals in a month at any Maybank ATM||Free|
|Fifth withdrawal and above in a month||RM0.50 per withdrawal (charge will be debited directly from account at the end of each transaction)|
*Fee waived if you have a balance of above RM5,000 at time of withdrawal (optional) or single transaction of maximum withdrawal of RM1,500 and above
*Unlimited withdrawal at any Maybank ATM : RM8 per annum
|Cash withdrawal at other domestic banks' ATMs||RM1 per withdrawal (charge will be debited directly from account at the end of each transaction)|
|Cash withdrawal at international banks' ATM via PLUS platform||RM12 per withdrawal|
|Non-cash ATM transactions such as e-balance enquiry, fund transfer to any Maybank account, local cheque deposit, cash deposit, etc||Free|
|Retail purchase at merchants/retailers||Free|
|Penalty fee on overdrawn account||RM10|
|e-Debit at merchant/retailers||Free|
The Malaysian Goods & Services Tax (GST) will be imposed on all fees/charges charged by the Bank to our cardmembers where applicable effective 1 April 2015 at the current prevailing rate.
Card care tips
Although we've designed the Maybankard Bankcard to be pretty robust, here are some things you should avoid:
- Striking the chip with sharp/metallic objects
- Bending the card excessively or for prolonged periods
- Bringing the card into contact with strong magnets
- Carrying it loose in a pocket with keys
- Accidentally sitting on it
Tuck it in your wallet or purse and be spared the inconvenience of having it replaced!