All interest / dividend rates quoted may change without prior notice. Please contact the nearest Maybank branch for the latest rates
- Higher interest rates than a normal savings account
- Protected from interest rate fluctuations
Who can apply?
- Joint account
Rate (% p.a.)
|13 months to 24 months|
|With effect from 15th July 2016|
Terms and Conditions on FD premature withdrawal
The payment of interest on premature withdrawals of Fixed Deposits' (FDs) before maturity shall be subjected to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. No interest shall be paid on any 1 month, 2 month or 3 months tenure FD that has not completed its respective full tenure period.
2. For FD's with tenures exceeding 3 months no interest shall be paid if the Fixed Deposit (FD) is uplifted before the completion of the first 3 months period.
3. Other than the circumstances mentioned in (1) and (2) above, interest is payable only for the completed period of the funds have been deposited as below:
The rate payable for a Fixed Deposit uplifted before its fixed maturity date shall be half (1/2) the original contracted rate for each completed month.
Tenure: 6 months tenure
Amount: RM50, 000
Interest rate: 3.10% p.a.
Completed period: 4 months 12 days
Interest earned: 1.55% x RM50, 000 x 120/365 or 366 (if leap year)
For pre-mature uplift, the interest paid upfront (if applicable) will be deducted from the principal amount
The Malaysian Goods & Services Tax (GST) will be imposed on all fees/charges charged by the Bank where applicable effective 1st April 2015 at the current prevailing rate.
Click here for Terms & Conditions
FD PremierThe best of fixed deposits, investments and life insurance, all rolled into one >
Earn more returns with Flexi Plan 2.Get upfront cash rebates when you transfer your Maybank FD to any unit trust or investment-linked fund >
Click here for other products insured by PIDM
Click here for PIDM brochure
Don't be a victim of email or SMS fraud! Reach our internet banking fraud hotline at +603-5891 4744