- Higher interest rates than a normal savings account
- Protected from interest rate fluctuations
Who can apply?
- Joint account
Rate (% p.a.)
|13 - 24 months|
|With effect from 16th July 2015 (Tenures of 48 & 60 months)|
Computation of Interest
Computation of Interest shall be based on the number of days within the term of the deposit.
Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965
In accordance with the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965 (revised 1989) the money in the Fixed Deposit under Automatic Renewal shall be classified as Unclaimed Moneys if the Fixed Deposit is not operated for a period of seven (7) years from date of deposit or date of last transaction, whichever is later.
Terms and Conditions on FD premature withdrawal
The payment of interest on premature withdrawals of Fixed Deposits' (FDs) before maturity shall be subjected to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. No interest shall be paid on any 1 month, 2 month or 3 months tenure FD that has not completed its respective full tenure period.
2. For FD's with tenures exceeding 3 months no interest shall be paid if the Fixed Deposit (FD) is uplifted before the completion of the first 3 months period.
3. Other than the circumstances mentioned in (1) and (2) above, interest is payable only for the completed period of the funds have been deposited as below:
The rate payable for a Fixed Deposit uplifted before its fixed maturity date shall be half (1/2) the original contracted rate for each completed month.
Tenure: 6 months tenure
Amount: RM50, 000
Interest rate: 3.10% p.a.
Completed period: 4 months 12 days
Interest earned: 1.55% x RM50, 000 x 120/365 or 366 (if leap year)
For pre-mature uplift, the interest paid upfront (if applicable) will be deducted from the principal amount
The Malaysian Goods & Services Tax (GST) will be imposed on all fees/charges charged by the Bank where applicable effective 1st April 2015 at the current prevailing rate.
Call usGot a question? Call our Customer Care hotline at
1300 88 6688, any time,