- Earn a one-month Fixed Deposit (FD) rate from your savings account, subject to ONE withdrawal per month for six consecutive months i.e from 1 January to 30 June and from 1 July to 31 December.
- Cash rewards for Yippie Club members who excel in their PT3, SPM, STPM and Tertiary level exams (Degree Level Exams).
- Free Personal Accident Insurance coverage of up to RM70,000 for you and your child
Who can apply
- Children below 18 years old, parents and guardians who are below 60 years of age
*Once attained the age of 18 and above, lower interest rate (Kawanku Savings interest rate) will apply.
Multi-tiered Interest Rates
|Up to RM50,000|
|* With effect from 16 July 2014.|
- Interest is credited twice (2) a year on 30th June and 31st December respectively.
- If the account is not maintained for the 6 month duration as mentioned, the normal Kawanku Savings interest will apply.
For Personal/Joint accounts
- Child: Original birth certificate and MyKid
- Parents / Guardian: Original Identity Card (IC) for Malaysians and
- Passports for foreigners
Fees & charges*
- Replacement of ATM/bankcard: RM12
- Replacement of lost savings passbook: RM15 incl. stamp duty
- Replacement of savings passbook due to poor handling: RM10
- Early closure of account within 3 months of account opening: RM20
- Cash withdrawals at ATM facilities owned by other banks (MEPS charges): RM1
*The Malaysian Goods & Services Tax (GST) will be imposed on all fees/charges charged by the Bank where applicable effective 1 April 2015 at the current prevailing rate.
Academic Cash Award
The Cash Award for Academic Excellence is given for excellent grades in PT3,SPM, STPM/A-Levels and Degree Level as follows :
RM100 per accountholder
|SPM||*8As / 8A+|
RM200 per accountholder
|STPM/A-Levels||5As / 4As and MUET Grade 6|
RM300 per accountholder
|University Degree||1st Class Honours |
RM500 per accountholder
How to qualify
To qualify, you need to meet the following criteria:
Existing account holders
Maintain RM1,000 in the account during the examination year for PT3, SPM, STPM / A-Levels until the date of submission for Cash Award
New account holders
Open and maintain RM1,000 in the account for the examination for PT3, SPM, STPM/A-Levels until the date of submission for Cash Award
1st Class Honours Degree
At the age of 18, the accountholder must maintain RM1,000 in the account
Account must be opened before reaching age 18
Account must be maintained until the date of submission of Cash Award
The submission for Cash Award claims is to be done at the accountholder's home branch within one (1) month from the official results announcement. The Cash Award can only be claimed once irrespective of the number of savings accounts held by the Yippie accountholder.
Click here for Academic Excellence Cash Award Claim Form
Call usGot a question? Call our Customer Care hotline at
1300 88 6688, any time,
Plan for your kids' education.Try Premier Education Savers, the insurance and investment plan for children >
Give your kids the headstart they need.Read about YippieCare 2, the insurance and investment plan for children >
Click here for other products insured by PIDM
Click here for PIDM brochure
Click here or contact Maybank Group Customer Care at 1300 88 6688 or +603 7844 3696 any time, any day
Don't be a victim of email or SMS fraud! Reach our internet banking fraud hotline at +603-5891 4744
Your zone to do things you want to do, at your own pace.